Trails and Natural Balconies Tour
Description of the Trails & Natural Balconies Tour
(Roteiro Trilhos e Varandas Naturais)This walking tour is mostly realized close to the sea. During the tour you are going to get to know more about legends, culture, traditions, as well as hidden places that are not so touristy with historical remains and mysteries. It is possible to observe part of the Portuguese coast that goes all the way down until Santa Cruz, with the help of an object that we provide during the tours for you to have a better experience. You’ll enjoy certain views from several viewpoints, carreiros (natural coastal recesses) and small beautiful beaches, which are amazing for you to take some pictures. You will get to know a typical neighborhood and its people. Also you’re going to get to know a typical neighborhood and its people. Additionally, you’re going to observe the nature between the coast and the ocean while catching a glimpse of the Berlengas archipelago. This tour is suitable for people who enjoy a mixture of history, landscape and trails.
Description of the path
- In detail, the ground through where the tour goes is mainly soil but also pavement, soil cement, tar road, rocks and sand, ramps and stairs (some of them don't have a handrail to help - as you can see when accessing some natural balconies - so it is recommended to pay attention to the instructions and rules of the tour. Find information here.
- Schedules: options to choose starting time from between 8:00am and 10:30am and between 2:00pm and 4:00pm, with booking intervals every 30 minutes (see booking calendar)
- Duration: about 02h30min
- Route length: about 5km / 3miles
- Difficulty: Medium/Low
- Languages: Portuguese or English
- Type of Tour: Private tour with local guide
- Minimum-maximum age: from 0 to 90 years old
- Number of visitors: 1 to 10 people
- Adult: 15+ years old
- Children up to 6 years old: Free (Only accompanied by an adult)
- Children from 7 to 14 years old: 6€/child (Only accompanied by an adult)
- Pets: Allowed (no extra charge)
- Departure point: next to the Fortress of Peniche/Prainha de São Pedro
- Place of end: Cabo Carvoeiro
- Recommended items for the tour: ID, water and some food (snack or piece of fruit, for example), sunscreen, hat, suitable clothing and footwear
- Additional information: there’s a possibility the tour realization doesn’t occur due to weather’s conditions; There is free parking on both departure and arrival places.
- Important: we recommend that you carefully read the rules and terms and conditions of the tour. You can find them here.